Sheila Ndinda : Growing Healthy Natural Hair
Hey fam! Here’s my latest healthy hair update. One year and eight months have passed since I got my tapered cut and my hair has been flourishing. Its the healthiest it has ever been and I am very excited about that – Health over length any time!
Through out my journey I have come to understand my hair, what it likes and what it does not like. I have thin hair strands and I avoid putting a lot of tension on my hair. I believe analyzing your hair condition is the foundation of your healthy hair journey. This will also help you create a regimen that suits your hair needs.
I have experienced a bit of hair thinning and breakage around my hairline, but by keeping my hair healthy, I have been able to retain some length. Here are some few tips that have helped me retain length in my healthy hair journey:
- Not putting a lot of tension on my hair. I avoid styles that pull too tightly for a long period of time.
- Protecting my hair at night – I wear a satin bonnet to bed.
- Following a simple regimen and staying consistent to the healthy hair routine.
- Keeping my ends moisturised. This is the driest part of our hair that is more prone to breakage.
- Drink 3 litres of water everyday.
- Weekly deep conditioning to ensure my hair shaft gets the proper amount of moisture that it needs. I have also been doing protein treatments to strengthen my hair.
- To grow back my hairline, I have been massaging Aloe Vera gel and oiling my scalp using a mix of Castor oil and rosemary oil. Watch my video to see my current length and to find out more about my update.
With love, Sheila
What are your healthy hair growth habits?Any questions for Sheila? Comment below to share your views.