By Naomi Mruttu
Image Consultant, Former Model.
Turmeric Face Mask – an Amazing Beauty Booster
For centuries turmeric has been a well-kept secret for smooth, glowing skin. The Indian subcontinent has literally millions of brides (and grooms) who have slathered it on their faces in preparation for their wedding day. They even have a ‘turmeric’ ceremony as part of their week-long wedding celebrations. Our Somali sisters are also famous for using it as one of the ingredients in their popular face masks. Follow our simple, step-by-step Tutorial to create this mask at home.
1) Prepare all your ingredients and have in place a plastic container and mixing spoon. You will need turmeric powder, gram flour (bhajia flour) or oat flour if you have dry skin, and some yoghurt. If your skin is very dry you can also add a teaspoon of ghee or olive oil. If you have oily skin
add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar instead.
2) Wash face thoroughly to remove makeup and dirt. For best results take a shower or bath beforehand, as the steam will open up the pores.
3) Mix a teaspoon of turmeric, a tablespoon of flour and yoghurt to make a fine paste.
[irp posts=”399″ name=”Pineapple’s amazing Benefits for Smooth Skin and Hair Growth”]
4) Apply evenly on your face, neck and decolletage area.
5) Relax and let the mask do its work. For best results lie down (on a covered pillowcase or cushion) and place chamomile tea bags or cucumber on your eyes and listen to soothing music. Enjoy the pampering.
6) When your mask has hardened and you have had enough (anything from 10 minutes later or one hour later) you may rinse off the mask. Use lukewarm water and finish with a splash of cold water before applying a natural moisturiser.
7) Enjoy your supple, glowing skin! For maximum benefits, try not to wear makeup for 12 to 24 hours after using the mask.
8) This mask is best used on a regular basis. Try doing it weekly or semi-monthly. If you can incorporate steam, it will work even better. Be adventurous and switch up the ingredients. You can change the yoghurt base and use coconut milk or normal milk instead. Or use aloe vera instead of apple cider vinegar. Feel free to experiment with the types of flours used, and even to use honey instead of yoghurt. Share your results or your favourite variations of this beauty treatment!